Schedule the first date during the lunch hour or brunch, as they are shorter. Limit alcohol intake.
- Don’t give out your last name/number unless you know it is something you may want to pursue.
- Always meet in a public, well-lit restaurant (like it’s just lunch had restaurant partners that knew the people were on a date for safety).
- Pay attention to the non-verbals.
- Use a google voice or text now number instead of your real number.
- Drive yourself, don’t let them pick you up.
- Always make sure someone else knows the details of where you will be.
- It's always best to be yourself. Yes, it's advice we've all received.
- Go in with an open mind. The world would be a much better place if we all listened to one another and kept open minds.
- Be prepared for an awkward moment.
- Most importantly, have fun.